Although the 365 days and 24/7 schedule keeps our students busy, we think it is necessary for them to experience the lighter side of life, too. Sports activities make our students physically energetic and psychologically vibrant. These Sports activities are also equally important as the content of the syllabus.
Healthy minds lie in healthy bodies. The sports committee encourages the athletes to become more athletic and invites the non-athletic crowd to join in the fun. SRI ensures well being of the students and encourages sports through a competitive spirit on campus'. Our students have been taking active part in various college/University level competitions.
Highlights of Sports facilities :
- SRI organizes yoga Camps where mind, body and soul culminate into positive and perennial happiness and peace.
- To encourage medalists and outstanding performers in sports, SRI offers several scholarships and monetary awards.
- SRI organizes special coaching camps for students.
- Track for athletics, Cricket ground, Badminton court, Football fields, Tennis court, volleyball court are available for outdoor games.
- Gymnasia, Table Tennis, Chess, and other indoor games are also there.
- Latest equipment and proper and well maintained rooms are available for various sports activities.
For proper guidance qualified instructors are there to train the students.
Meditation VipassanaVipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was rediscovered by Gotama Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art Of Living.This non-sectarian technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation. Healing, not merely the curing of diseases, but the essential healing of human suffering, is its purpose.Vipassana is a way of self-transformation through self-observation. It focuses on the deep interconnection between mind and body, which can be experienced directly by disciplined attention to the physical sensations that form the life of the body, and that continuously interconnect and condition the life of the mind. It is this observation-based, self-exploratory journey to the common root of mind and body that dissolves mental impurity, resulting in a balanced mind full of love and compassion.The scientific laws that operate one's thoughts, feelings, judgments and sensations become clear. Through direct experience, the nature of how one grows or regresses, how one produces suffering or frees oneself from suffering is understood. Life becomes characterized by increased awareness, non-delusion, self-control and peace.